For interested vets
The National Desexing Network (NDN) is an initiative of the Animal Welfare League Qld to prevent unwanted cats and dogs by making desexing readily available to those experiencing financial hardship and to promote and encourage desexing.
You can participate in the National Desexing Network (NDN):
all year round to help pension/concession card holders desex their cats and dogs and increase your business at the same time
in National Desexing Month provide special offers for all pet owners to promote desexing, or just pension/concession card holders if you prefer. NDN provides free posters and promotional materials to promote desexing and hopefully bring new clients into your clinic as well. National Desexing Month is held in July.
How the All Year Program for Pension/Concession Card Holders works:
- Pet owners with a valid pension/concession card search on-line or contact NDN to find participating vet clinics near them and the prices they are offering and select a clinic.
- They can then enter their information to download an NDN desexing voucher on the NDN website or, by contacting NDN, have a voucher sent to them.
- They then contact their chosen clinic to make an appointment. They should mention that they have an NDN voucher at the time of booking.
- On the day of desexing, the customer should bring the voucher with the concession card number on it. As well, you can ask to see their pension/concession card as proof of their eligibility. If a customer comes in with an NDN voucher without a valid concession card, you have the right to refuse their voucher.
How to participate in NDN’s All Year Program:
- Decide on the discounted prices you are going to offer. See below for our recommended NDN All Year Desexing Prices for Pension/Concession Card Holders. These are modified every few years to ensure vet costs are covered. However, you can set your own prices that you think are more suitable.
- Complete the National Desexing Network Vet Application Form below.
Our admin staff are here to support you, so if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us.
Thank you for your support. By joining the National Desexing Network all year round, you will be helping your community and those in financial hardship, making an impact by reducing the numbers of unwanted cats and dogs in Australia and generating goodwill and new clients.