APPLYING FOR LOW-COST DESEXING…
Click on the red bar below to go to our all-year-round Desexing Directory. Above the map, in the “Enter a Location” box, enter your suburb and State. Adjust the search radius with the small wheel next to the location box. Click on the blue Search button on the RHS. The map will show your area with any desexing programs that have been listed with us.
Click on each of colour-coded button to see the offers from:
Vets who offer discounts for pension/concession card holders all year round
Councils who subsidise desexing
Other organisations who support local residents
For vets offering special prices for National Desexing Month in July, you don’t need a voucher – phone the vet directly. These will only be displayed during July each year.
Select the one you prefer and are eligible for, and follow the instructions to apply for a voucher. If you have any queries, please contact us on 1300 368 992.
Thank you for desexing your pet.
- The prices that are given in the vet directory only include the costs for desexing. If your cat or dog is pregnant, in-season or has undescended testicles, there may be extra cost. Also, any optional extras such as pre-op blood tests, fluids, extra pain relief, an Elizabethan collar, etc. are at your expense. Please ensure you ask the clinic about these additional costs and/or optional services before your appointment, so you avoid unexpected costs.
- If you have more than one cat or dog, fill in a separate Application Form for each animal.
- Your voucher(s) will be emailed to you. Once received, call the vet clinic to book an appointment, being sure to mention that you have an NDN desexing voucher.
- Some areas may still not show any programs because there are no participating veterinary clinics or local councils, or we may not have been informed of their programs. If you are, or know of, a vet, an organisation or local council offering reduced price desexing – please contact the National Desexing Network on 1300 368 992 or email email@example.com and let us know.
- If you can afford to pay your veterinarian’s normal fees, it is important that you do so. The NDN referral service is designed for pet owners in genuine financial need, and it is unfair to ask veterinarians to reduce reasonable fees for financially secure clients who are simply looking for ‘the best deal’. It is NOT available for intentional breeders of cats or dogs who can recoup the cost of desexing when they sell their animals.
- The vets participating in the NDN program receive no subsidies or funding. These vets discount their prices out of goodwill and their commitment to the welfare of Australia’s cats and dogs. Please be polite, show your appreciation, and consider supporting the vets registered with the NDN by visiting them for any other treatments your pet may require.
- All veterinarians associated with the National Desexing Network are registered vets.
- Your participation in the program is strictly voluntary. NDN assumes no risk for the health of your pet or the outcome of the surgery. NDN reserves the right to modify or cancel the program at any time. If there are any problems submitting this application online, please feel free to call us at our toll-free number.
Together with your help, we will end the abandonment and killing of healthy and treatable cats and dogs in Australia.